Master of Science in Technology and Product Management
Reach Your Full Potential as a Leader
Looking for a career in a consumer facing industry in today’s technology-driven world? Interested in making a lateral move in your career from a STEM field or marketing/sales? City University of Seattle’s Master of Science in Technology and Product Management, a 33 quarter credit hour program, is a multidisciplinary field of business that combines business fundamentals, innovation, and project management principles, while delving into specific product management factors such as product commercialization processes, mergers and acquisitions, and disruptive business models. The program culminates in an internship/new venture competition that will give students the hands-on, real-world experience of applying their knowledge in the workplace.
Technology and Product Management is a multidisciplinary field of business that examines the opportunities and challenges of innovation, disruption, organizational change, and the influence on business performance and competitive advantage. CityU's School of Business and Management's MSTPM teaches students to manage the interplay of technological, organizational, and human factors within and beyond the enterprise and their impact on the way businesses create and operate.
Upon completion of CityU’s Master of Science in Technology and Product Management, successful graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership that fosters team cultivation, innovation, diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Apply best practices in finance, accounting, data, technology, risk management and digital transformation to manage business operations.
- Formulate effective strategies and implementation plans for global business.
- Analyze appropriate strategic, technical, operational, and ethical principles to solve organizational challenges and meet organizational goals and objectives.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (2022), employment in management occupations is projected to grow 9 percent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations, and will result in about 906,800 new jobs. Employment growth is expected to be driven by the formation of new organizations and expansion of existing ones, which should require more workers to manage these operations. The median annual wage for management occupations was $102,450 in May 2021, which was the highest wage of all the major occupational groups.
Total Required Credits (33)
Technology and Project Management Core Requirements (30 Credits)
- MBA 548 Financial Reporting and Control (3)
- MBA 541 Global Political Economy (3)
- MBA 514 Leadership, Influence, and Currency of Trust (3)
- MBA 523 Design Thinking for Innovation (3)
- MBA 556 Business Strategy (3)
- ENT 610 Innovation Strategy (3)
- PM 501 Introduction to Project Management (3)
- PM 504 Project Planning and Control (3)
- TM 505 Mergers and Acquisitions in the Technology Sector (3)
- TM 515 Disruptive Business Models
Capstone (3 Credits)
- TM 600 Capstone* (3)
*Note: TM 600 is not available for challenge exam or transfer
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be well-positioned for any of the following roles:
- Product Manager
- Account Supervisor
- Brand Manager
- Business Development Director
- Business Development Manager
- Commercial Lines Manager
- Market Development Executing
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Director
At CityU, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your professional network by connecting with faculty working in your field, students from around the globe, and alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies. Plus, you’ll be part of a supportive community that’s dedicated to helping you reach your career goals.
Learn more about tuition and fees for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Financial Aid Opportunities
At CityU, we are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals no matter their economic situations. Our financial aid counselors are here to find the resources you need to pay for your education, including grants, loans, work study, and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at CityU, or contact our Financial Aid Team at 800.426.5596, 206.239.4540, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Tuition Benefits
As a Yellow Ribbon school, CityU is proud to serve those who have served in the military. We offer military tuition discounts for active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and accept military benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance. Learn more about military tuition benefits, VA benefits, and military partnership programs designed to help you reach your military and career goals.