Countdown to 50! – CityU launches historical alumni project
Did you know CityU is turning 50 in 2023? We’re already counting the days and excited to reconnect with our alums! As part of our 50th Anniversary, we want to know your story. We are reaching out to our alumni through PCI to collect stories for our Oral History Project. Please click here if you have any questions about the Oral History Project. We look forward to hearing your story!
Join CityU Connect – a global network of proud CityU Alumni
As a CityU alum, you have access to special savings, networking events, career support, and more. To take advantage of your benefits, become a member of CityU Connect — our online community for alumni and students. Registration is free. Start networking, connecting, and saving.
Meet Our Alumni
We love to hear stories of our alumni! Click here to read some of our alumni stories and hear about our alumni who have been in the news.
Do you have a story that you would like to share? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations Class of 2022! Commencement June 25th
We are so excited to celebrate your accomplishments in person at CityU’s 47th Commencement Saturday, June 25th at 1:00 pm at Seattle’s T-Mobile Park! Learn more here.
Are you a CityU grad but haven’t had the opportunity to attend Commencement? Maybe you can join us this year. Learn more here.
Class of 2020 & 2021: After a year of unprecedented challenges, your accomplishment in finishing your program of study is an incredible achievement. Sincerest congratulations for everything you’ve overcome in reaching the finish line. We hope that you’ll stay connected via our alumni online community – CityU Connect. Membership is free and you’ll have access to a wealth of alumni resources.
Announcing 15% Alumni Tuition Discount
If you are one of our 60,000+ CityU alumni across the world, we are so grateful for you. I recently had the honor of ascending to interim president of CityU. I am proud of the work we are doing at CityU and my biggest joy is fostering an environment that creates more alumni throughout Washington and the world. We care deeply about our students, but we consider our greatest success to be when they walk across the graduation stage. Throughout 2021 we added several new degree offerings and more programs are being added in the year ahead. To celebrate our growth, we would like to extend a 15% tuition discount for all alumni* who choose to return for another degree at CityU. This discount is applicable for all degree programs and will be available for all alumni who return in 2022 or 2023—which coincides with our 50th anniversary. If you are interested in this opportunity, please let us know in the form on this page.
City University of Seattle
*All alumni who completed a degree at CityU are eligible for this promotion.
Benefits & Services
Take advantage of these benefits, services, and discounts offered by the CityU Alumni Association.
Savings and Special Offers
- Discounted auto, life, health, dental, vision, and pet insurance coverage, long-term care, trip cancellation, and more
- Hometown Home Loan program benefits, like down-payment assistance, reduced closing costs, and more
- Special offers and new deals via e-newsletters
- Invitations to CityU events and activities
- E-Newsletters to keep you up to date on CityU news and happenings
- Continued access to many CityU library services
- CityU alumni may audit selected classes for $450 per course
- 15% Tuition Savings when you return for another CityU Degree
- No application fee to pursue another degree or certificate program
Get tips, tools, and best practices you can use to manage your career and job searches from the nation’s top career authors and experts. Learn the skills you need to have a successful career strategy through these webinars presented by the CityU Alumni Association.
The CityU Alumni Association and the National University System provide two online platforms you can use to connect with a career mentor or serve as a mentor. Sign up with CityU Connect for the mentor network exclusive to CityU students and alumni. Broaden your reach by signing up with the NU Mentoring Network, bringing together alums, students, and staff from three affiliated universities: CityU, National University, and Northcentral University.
CityU’s Career Center offers free career assistance for alumni and students online, in-person, and over the phone. Get resume help, job search tips, career planning, career counseling, and more.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
For specific questions regarding the Oral History Project, please contact Alex Webster, Alumni Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for Students
Show your support for the CityU student community! When you give to CityU, you’re supporting programs, scholarships, and facilities for current and future students.CityU accepts online, mail, and phone donations. You can also give in installments by dividing your gifts into monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual payments by credit card.
Checks can be mailed to:
City University of Seattle Development Office
521 Wall St., Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121
Donations by phone:
Call 206.239.4817 or 800.426.5596 ext. 4817!
More Ways to Give
There are additional ways to give back to CityU, which include:
- Giving Tuesday: Click here to make a gift in support of scholarships in our annual #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Microgiving: Support CityU students when you shop with your favorite retailers. Select City University of Seattle as your designated charity on the Amazon Smile program.
- Matching gifts: Many employers will match an employee’s donation to an institution or charity. Check with your human resources department to see if there is a matching program at your company.
- Employer giving programs: Microsoft and other major corporations help employees make a difference by supporting their volunteerism, discounting in-kind support, and more. Check with your employer to see how they can help you support nonprofit organizations like CityU.
- Planned giving: Both current and future gifts can offer tax advantages, investment income, and the realization of your charitable legacy to CityU.
- Securities: Gifts of securities or other appreciated assets may have tax advantages.
- Employee campaign: CityU faculty and staff can take advantage of the convenience of payroll deduction.
Note: CityU is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Any amount you donate will help us achieve our mission and is tax-deductible to the amount permitted by law.
The CityU Alumni Association also provides a series of free career webinars via the Career Speaker Series. Watch recent webinars on-demand and view new ones every Wednesday. Click this link if you wish to register to receive emails and reminders about upcoming webinars.
Order CityU Transcripts
There are two options for obtaining your official transcript.
- Complete THIS FORM and request your official CityU transcript.
- Go to the Student Clearinghouse website and request an official transcript by clicking on the “Order-Track-Verify” button in the upper right corner. Click on “Order or Track a Transcript.” Select “City University of Seattle” from the drop-down menu and complete the request.
Transcripts cost a nominal fee. For more information about ordering official or non-official transcripts, please contact CityU at email@example.com or 206.239.4520 ext. 4512.
ASOE Placement Files
Placement files for Albright School of Education graduates are stored on Interfolio, an online credential file management service. If you graduated prior to 2007, you set up a placement file upon graduation. However, most school districts have moved away from this system and as a result, CityU moved all placement files to archives.
Interfolio provides storage for application materials including confidential and non-confidential letters of recommendation; unofficial transcripts; writing samples; test scores; and multimedia files.
Interfolio’s file management system allows you to keep your credentials up-to-date at any time, and all delivery requests are processed in one business day. Interfolio charges $19 to set up a one-year account and $6 to send out the typical application or placement file.
File Transfer Request
To request a file transfer, first set up your account with Interfolio, fill out the Credential File Transfer Request form, and submit it to CityU. Your archived file will be transferred to Interfolio within two to three weeks, and Interfolio with automatically add them to your account.