Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
Reach Your Full Potential as a Leader
City University of Seattle’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) aids in developing a competitive advantage in today’s business climate requires leaders who adapt quickly and effectively to internal and external market influences. The program is specifically designed to help you become an effective change agent within your organization. Students explore adaptive leadership; thought leadership and creativity; leading change in diverse organizational cultures; and social and environmental change.
Leadership is a field that focuses on the future direction of the organization and on the people that are part of that organization. Leadership responsibilities are increasingly being delegated to all levels of management. In CityU's MSOL program, students will learn to use proven management strategies to make leadership decisions that guide sustainable organizational strategy. Graduates of the program will have the knowledge to and skills necessary to lead people and manage change. This program is suited for professionals with knowledge in their field and desire a move into leadership positions.
Upon completion of CityU’s Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, successful graduates will be able to:
- Develop ethical leadership skills in themselves and others.
- Examine the effects organizational culture has on leadership planning and development in an organization.
- Create and manage diverse local and global teams.
- Create professional presentations and reports that communicate the results of an organizational evaluation with supporting research to selected stakeholders.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020-2030 Annual Estimated Projected Openings by Career – General and Operations Managers, Outlook:
- Occupational openings: projected annual average of 906,800
- Median annual wage 2020: $109,760
Total Required Credits (33)
For full course descriptions please refer to the current catalog.
Leadership Core Requirements (27 Credits)
- ML 511 Communications and Influence (6)
- ML 533 Leadership and Development (6)
- MAL 530 Adaptive Leadership (3)
- MAL 535 Leading Change in Diverse Organizational Cultures (3)
- MAL 538 Social and Environmental Change (3)
- MAL 552 Data Analytics and Visualization (6)
Leadership Capstone (6 Credits)
- ML 643 Applied Research Capstone* (6)
*Note: ML 643 is not available for challenge exam or transfer
The MSOL program will prepare you for a variety of management and leadership roles such as:
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Corporate Recruiter
- Sales Director
- Practice Administrator
- Executive Director
- Office Manager
- Public Relations and Fundraising Officer
- Chief Executive
- Management Analyst
- Nonprofit Program Administrator
- Church Administrator
At CityU, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your professional network by connecting with faculty working in your field, students from around the globe, and alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies. Plus, you’ll be part of a supportive community that’s dedicated to helping you reach your career goals.
Learn more about tuition and fees for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Financial Aid Opportunities
At CityU, we are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals no matter their economic situations. Our financial aid counselors are here to find the resources you need to pay for your education, including grants, loans, work study, and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at CityU, or contact our Financial Aid Team at 800.426.5596, 206.239.4540, or email@example.com.
Military Tuition Benefits
As a Yellow Ribbon school, CityU is proud to serve those who have served in the military. We offer military tuition discounts for active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and accept military benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance. Learn more about military tuition benefits, VA benefits, and military partnership programs designed to help you reach your military and career goals.