Master of Science in Management
Reach Your Full Potential as a Leader
City University of Seattle’s Master of Science in Management is a 33 quarter credit hour program that gives non-business graduates the tools to succeed in diverse roles and industries worldwide — through a curriculum carefully designed to provide practical, universal business knowledge. Unlock strategic business skills and knowledge, learn to solve real-world business challenges, add depth to your existing undergraduate degree, and prepare to excel throughout your career.
The MS in Management from CityU will position you into managerial roles while sharpening your business acumen and communication skills. The MSM will teach you the proven management strategies to make decisions that guide sustainable organizational strategy.
Upon completion of CityU’s Master of Science in Management program, successful graduates will be able to:
- Examine the effects organizational culture has on leadership planning and development in an organization.
- Use data-driven strategy to create operational plans that lead to sustainable organizational growth.
- Implement change successfully through effective strategies that use resource allocation, technology, and cross-functional awareness.
- Examine business opportunities in a rapidly changing environment by thinking critically and applying quantitative procedures and tools.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020-2030 Annual Estimated Projected Openings by Career – General and Operations Managers, Outlook:
- Occupational openings: projected annual average of 906,800
- Median annual wage 2020: $109,760
Total Required Credits (33)
Management Core Requirements (27 Credits)
- ML 511 Communications and Influence (6)
- ML 521 Organizational Management and Strategy (6)
- ML 552 Data Analyitcs and Visualization (6)
- MBA 532 Operations and Technology Management (3)
- MBA 549 Ethics and Social Impact (3)
- MBA 551 Entrepreneurship and the Art of Creative Thinking (3)
Management Capstone (6 Credits)
- ML 643 Applied Research Capstone* (6)
*Note: ML 643 is not available for challenge exam or transfer
The MSM program will prepare you for a variety of management and leadership roles such as:
- Management Analyst and Consultant
- Project Manager
- Entertainment Manager
- Office Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Account Executive
- Senior Manager
- Program Manager
At CityU, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your professional network by connecting with faculty working in your field, students from around the globe, and alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies. Plus, you’ll be part of a supportive community that’s dedicated to helping you reach your career goals.
Learn more about tuition and fees for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Financial Aid Opportunities
At CityU, we are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals no matter their economic situations. Our financial aid counselors are here to find the resources you need to pay for your education, including grants, loans, work study, and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at CityU, or contact our Financial Aid Team at 800.426.5596, 206.239.4540, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Tuition Benefits
As a Yellow Ribbon school, CityU is proud to serve those who have served in the military. We offer military tuition discounts for active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and accept military benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance. Learn more about military tuition benefits, VA benefits, and military partnership programs designed to help you reach your military and career goals.