Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management
Take the Lead on Day-to-Day Business Operations
The Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management program gives graduates the tools to understand and optimize supply chain functions as a series of interconnected components by applying effective strategies, analytics, tools, and techniques. Students will learn skills to drive agility, opportunities for growth and sustainability, and improve company efficiency and adaptability in a fast-paced and rapidly changing global business environment. Graduates will become thought leaders, ready to engage in a global and highly competitive marketplace, with the skill set to reimagine the strategic architecture of organizations, building transparency and resiliency, and creating a competitive advantage for the businesses they work for.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management program will be trained to develop the strategic skills and logistics and procurement knowledge they need to be successful across a global range of businesses.
Upon completion of CityU's Master of Science in Global Supply Chain Management program, successful graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership that fosters ethical decision-making.
- Synthesize managing global economics, factors, operations, and global logistics to maximize business sustainability and economic health.
- Analyze appropriate strategic, technical, and operational principle to solve organizational challenges and meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Synthesize management of value chains, supply chain data analytics, supply network design, execution, and cost management to optimize organizations.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020-2030 Annual Estimated Projected Openings by Career – General and Operations Managers, Outlook::
- Occupational openings: projected annual average of 906,800
- Median annual wage 2020: $109,760
Total Required Credits (33 Credits)
Global Supply Chain Management Core Requirements (18 Credits)
- GSCM 500 Managing Global Operations and Value Chains (3)
- GSCM 510 Data Science for Supply Chain Excellence (3)
- GSCM 530 Optimizing Global Logistics and Supply Chain (3)
- GSCM 540 Global Supply Network Design, Execution, and Cost Management (3)
- PM 501 Introduction to Project Management
- PM 504 Project Planning and Control (3)
MBA Course Requirements (12 Credits)
- MBA 514 Leadership, Influence, and Currency of Trust (3)
- MBA 541 Global Political Economy (3)
- MBA 549 Ethics and Social Impact (3)
- MBA 579 Green Belt 01: Define and Measure (3)
Global Supply Chain Management Capstone (3 Credits)
- GSCM 580 SCM Capstone* (3)
*GSCM 580 is not available for challenge exam or transfer.
If you’re looking to advance your career or sharpen your leadership skills, a master’s in leadership and management will give you a solid education to achieve your goals.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be well-positioned for any of the following roles:
- Distribution Manager
- Global Commodities Director
- Global Supply Chain Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Materials Director
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Director
- Vice President of Supply Chain Management
At CityU, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your professional network by connecting with faculty working in your field, students from around the globe, and alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies. Plus, you’ll be part of a supportive community that’s dedicated to helping you reach your career goals.
Learn more about tuition and fees for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
2023-24 Cost of Attendance (per quarter)
|Living with Parent||Not Living with Parent||High-Cost Regions|
|Tuition & Fees||See Tuition Chart||See Tuition Chart||See Tuition Chart|
|Books & Supplies||$254||$254||$254|
|Housing & Food||$2,864||$5,956||$6,552|
Student budget values are established using student surveys, CPI index, and actual institutional expenses.
Financial Aid Opportunities
At CityU, we are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals no matter their economic situations. Our financial aid counselors are here to find the resources you need to pay for your education, including grants, loans, work study, and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at CityU, or contact our Financial Aid Team at 800.426.5596, 206.239.4540, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Tuition Benefits
As a Yellow Ribbon school, CityU is proud to serve those who have served in the military. We offer military tuition discounts for active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and accept military benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance. Learn more about military tuition benefits, VA benefits, and military partnership programs designed to help you reach your military and career goals.