Apply for CityU Scholarships for International Students
CityU is dedicated to making a college education abroad affordable to international students. View our scholarship opportunities below, and contact our International Student Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
CityU New International Student Merit Scholarships
Scholarships in this category are awarded to first-time CityU applicants who have achieved an outstanding academic record within their last school year.
- President’s Merit Award Scholarship: $5,000 scholarship disbursed evenly during the first three quarters of enrollment in the academic program
- Academic Achievement Scholarship: $2,000 scholarship disbursed evenly during the first three quarters of enrollment in the academic program
- Financial Declaration Form: Submit this form to the International Student Office, selecting the appropriate scholarship option based on your academic record.
- President’s Merit Award Scholarship: You must have a combined grade average of 90% or higher (based on CityU’s evaluation of the submitted transcripts for the whole duration of previously completed academic coursework; if the entire duration of studies is unavailable, the Registrar’s Office may evaluate the last year of study).
- Academic Achievement Scholarship: You must have a combined grade average of 80% or higher (based on CityU’s evaluation of the submitted transcripts for the whole duration of previously completed academic coursework; if the entire duration of studies is unavailable, the Registrar’s Office may evaluate the last year of study).
- For all options, you must be a first-time international student applicant to CityU with the intention of studying on an international student visa (F-1) in the Seattle area.
- You must have applied for an academic degree program (certificate programs and ELP program do not qualify) no later than one month prior to the intended start date.
- You must hold an active I-20 throughout the award period.
- You must maintain full-time enrollment.
- Once a scholarship is awarded, you must start studies at CityU within one quarter of receiving the award letter. Students who start in the ELP program must be continuously enrolled, except for during approved vacation quarters, and the award will be applied once the student enrolls in degree program classes.
You can only be awarded this scholarship once during your time at CityU. Awards are given on a first-come, first-serve basis by acceptance letter issuance date and will continue until available funds have been awarded. This is a tuition-only scholarship.
Applications must be received by the International Student Office no later than the deadlines below:
- Fall Quarter Attendance (October): September 1
- Winter Quarter Attendance (January): December 1
- Spring Quarter Attendance (April): March 1
- Summer Quarter Attendance (July): June 1
Questions? Contact our International Student Office at email@example.com.
By submitting this form, I confirm that the information provided on this form is accurate and complete and I agree to receive email communications, phone calls, and SMS/Text Messages – using automated technology – about educational opportunities from City University of Seattle, the National University System and/or its affiliates. I understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time.