MS Human Resources Management
Become a Leader in Human Resources
Passionate about people and talent management? City University of Seattle’s Master of Science in Human Resources Management is a 33 quarter credit hour program that prepares students for leadership roles within the field of human resources and across organizations. Educating students on the analysis, design, and evaluation of human resources systems and processes—and how those systems are integrated within business strategy—is critical to developing effective and successful human resources leaders.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Human Resources Management program will be trained to develop HR business skills that can be applied to talent and people management as they help grow organizations.
Upon completion of CityU’s Master of Science in Human Resources Management program, successful graduates will be able to:
- Lead the creation of human-centered solutions to complex problems.
- Examine the effects organizational culture has on leadership planning and development in an organization.
- Create and manage diverse local and global teams.
- Create professional presentations and reports that communicate the results of an organizational evaluation with supporting research to selected stakeholders.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020-2030 Annual Estimated Projected Openings by Career – Human Resource Managers, Outlook:
- Occupational openings: projected annual average of 174,200
- Median annual wage 2020: $121,220
Total Required Credits (33)
Human Resources Core Requirements (27 Credits)
- ML 511 Communications and Influence (6)
- ML 533 Leadership and Development (6)
- HR 551 Human Capital Strategy Management (3)
- HR553 Management of People (3)
- HR 555 Workplace Management and Human Resources (3)
- HR 557 Organization and the Human Resource Function (3)
- HR 559 People Analytics (3)
Leadership Capstone (6 Credits)
- ML 643 Applied Research Capstone (6)**
**ML 643 is not available for challenge exam or transfer
The MS in Human Resources Management will prepare you for a variety of roles, such as:
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement and Retention Coordinator
- Workforce Management
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
At CityU, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your professional network by connecting with faculty working in your field, students from around the globe, and alumni employed at Seattle’s top companies. Plus, you’ll be part of a supportive community that’s dedicated to helping you reach your career goals.
Learn more about tuition and fees for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Financial Aid Opportunities
At CityU, we are committed to helping students achieve their academic goals no matter their economic situations. Our financial aid counselors are here to find the resources you need to pay for your education, including grants, loans, work study, and scholarships. Learn more about financial aid opportunities at CityU, or contact our Financial Aid Team at 800.426.5596, 206.239.4540, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Tuition Benefits
As a Yellow Ribbon school, CityU is proud to serve those who have served in the military. We offer military tuition discounts for active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and accept military benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance. Learn more about military tuition benefits, VA benefits, and military partnership programs designed to help you reach your military and career goals.