CityU’s academic programs are designed to serve the working adult and revolve around your schedule. Our classes are built and taught by practicing professionals who understand what it takes to make it in your field. If you know where you want to go, we know how to get you there.
Requirements for attending CityU depend upon the program in which you choose to enroll, where you’ll be attending classes, and your unique background. The following list serves as a guide for who should go where for particular admissions information:
- Prospective students currently living in the United States click here.
- Military Students looking to enroll in CityU click here.
- International Students who want to attend CityU click here.
If you need additional information, please reach out to an admissions advisor.
You can download and view CityU’s current academic catalog here.
Once you have decided to enroll into one of CityU’s degree or certificate programs, you will need to apply to CityU.
Here are the simple steps to follow when submitting your application:
- Complete an online application
- If you cannot complete the online application, then you may send a physical application form by mail to Admissions at City University of Seattle 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121. Both applications include a $50.00 application fee.
- After your application is processed, you must obtain and send all your transcripts from other institutions to CityU. Send these to City University of Seattle’s Registrar’s Office 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121
- Electronic or emailed transcripts are accepted at CityU if sent from another recognized institution. Electronic transcripts sent directly by or from a student or an individual who does not work for an institute of higher learning in an official capacity, will not considered in the admissions process.
- If required, submit proof of English proficiency
- Contact an admissions advisor at 888.422.4898 to map out any and all other program specific admission requirements.
Some additional admissions criteria apply. Please visit the International Students page or contact an admissions advisor to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I study?
We have more than 60 programs to choose from, including undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificates and endorsements. CityU programs cover business and management, education and teaching, leadership, counseling, project management, computer and information science and much more.
Q: Where can I study?
CityU has locations in Washington State, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Vietnam. Its degree and certificate programs are offered online and/or onsite for your convenience at these locations.
Q: How can I take classes?
There are multiple delivery modes – online, onsite and performance-based learning. Please talk with an advisor to learn more about the program you want to enroll in and how it is offered.
Q: How can I pay for school?
CityU’s tuition rates are competitive. As a nonprofit it takes its mission seriously and has a focus on serving anyone with a desire to learn. As such, it has a generous transfer policy and offers scholarships to those in need. To read more about financial aid, visit CityU’s Financial Aid page.
Q: Can I get credit for my work experience?
You might. Many of our students do. CityU’s Prior Learning Assessment program allows students to earn credit for the learning they have participated in, in the working world or in the military.
Q: Does CityU offer housing?
Yes. Look at our housing page to learn about the high-rise residence hall located just blocks away from our Seattle Campus.
Q: Where can I find general information about the school?
You can visit this page and discover all CityU’s basic institutional facts, such as how many students we serve, where we are located, and what the average student age is. If you have additional questions, please reach out to one of our advisors via email@example.com.
It is CityU’s goal to make this process as smooth as possible and award you credit for courses that you have taken. Our admissions advisors and Registrar’s Office are here to assist you should you need any help in this ordering process.
CityU is authorized by the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering for incoming students. For universities/schools that utilize the service of the National Student Clearinghouse, you can order transcripts using any major credit card. Other universities/schools who do not use this service should be contacted directly by the student and they will offer instructions from there.
To order an official transcript, enter the Clearinghouse secure site.
If you prefer to pay using a different method, please use CityU’s Registrar Forms.
Canadian students can also order transcripts by entering the Clearinghouse secured site.
Order updates will be emailed to you. All students should email their transcripts to:
City University of Seattle
Registrar’s Office: Outgoing Transcripts
521 Wall Street
Seattle, WA 98121