Interested in Studying in the U.S.? Here’s How to Apply
Thank you for considering City University of Seattle for your next educational journey. To start the admissions process, please view the information below. Have questions? Contact our Department of International Student Recruitment at INTLinfo@cityu.edu.
International Student Application
- Application form
- $50 (USD) application fee
- Consent to release information (if applying through CityU’s approved agents)
- Copy of passport (picture ID page, expiration date)
Once your online application has been received, an admissions advisor will reach out via e-mail within three business days.
Submit via email to your admissions advisor:
- Financial Declaration Form
- Bank Statement and, if applicable, Sponsor Statement (if sponsored by third party other than parents)
- Proof of English language proficiency
For F-1 Transfer Students from other U.S. Colleges/Universities
- Copies of I-94 and F-1 passport visa page
- International Student Transfer Evaluation form
- Copies of all I-20 forms previously obtained (pages 1 and 2)
- Copies of employment authorization documents and change of status notices from the USCIS if applicable
Additional requirements may apply depending on program and start date.
Submit Via Mail/Courier
- Submit original or certified copies of diplomas and transcripts in the original language issued and, if applicable, with certified English translations via mail/courier to City University of Seattle, International Student Office, 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
Note: electronic transcripts and diplomas may be sent directly from the issuing institution to email@example.com.
Application Deadlines and Schedule
|Start of Classes||Mandatory Orientation||Application Deadline for Transfer Students in the U.S.||Application Deadline for Overseas Applicants|
|Fall/October||September||September 1||August 1|
|Winter/January||December||December 1||November 1|
|Spring/April||March||March 1||February 1|
|Summer/July||June||June 1||May 1|
International students must present proof of active medical insurance before registering for classes. If you don’t have insurance or your insurance plan does not meet the minimum coverage requirements, you must enroll in a plan for international students provided by Firebird International Insurance Group. To learn more about this plan, click here.