Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

Frequently Asked Questions

City University of Seattle’s main campus is in the heart of Downtown Seattle, within walking distance of the Space Needle and Amazon Spheres. We also hold classes in Tacoma, Edmonds, and Vancouver, WA. 

See the full list of CityU’s partner locations here.

Tuition and fees vary by program. Please visit our tuition page for more information.

You may qualify for a tuition discount through one of our various corporate partnerships. For more information, please email

CityU’s degree programs qualify for most federal financial aid and scholarships. And most non-degree certificate programs qualify for scholarships. You can find more aid information here.

Yes. CityU of Seattle is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Regional accreditation serves as the most important means of assuring the quality of higher education through rigorous peer-review and evaluation. 

Additionally, many of our programs also have specific renowned accreditations, such as CACREP. For more information, visit our accreditation page.

Yes. CityU of Seattle is an accredited, private, nonprofit university. As a private university, we can provide smaller class sizes with an average 6:1 student-teacher ratio, which allows for more personalized support. 

CityU has provided career-relevant education to busy adult professionals who want to advance their careers and compete in the global marketplace since our founding in 1973. 

We’re here to support you and provide flexible learning options to help you achieve your goals.

CityU accepts up to 65 transfer credits towards an associate’s degree and a maximum of 135 approved transfer credits for bachelor’s degree requirements. 

Once our advising team receives your official transcripts, your advisor will work with you to maximize your previous credits to get you as close to graduation as possible. 

Certified electronic transcripts may be sent directly to through an authorized vendor used by the student’s sending institution. It is very important that you request that official transcripts are sent directly from your school. Do not send the transcripts to your advisor or have the transcripts sent to you to be forwarded on. For academic integrity reasons, they are not considered official if not sent directly to the Registrar’s Office.

Mail official transcripts to:
City University of Seattle
Office of the Registrar
521 Wall Street, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121

No. CityU does not require standardized testing scores for admission. We believe in offering high-quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone who desires to learn.

CityU of Seattle courses are offered online, hybrid, and in-person! And many of our programs can be completed 100% online. 

Please note that the Alt Routes Teaching program, BA in Education, Master’s in Teaching, MA in Counseling, English Language Program, and courses for F-1 visa students are not currently offered 100% online.

Visiting our program finder will provide information including the mode available. If you have questions about your program of interest, contact us here.

You can read about CityU student and alumni experiences and testimonials on our blog. There are also several graduate testimonials here.

CityU of Seattle has four quarter starts: October, January, April, and July. Although most programs start all four quarters, some only start once per year. 

You can locate the timing for each program’s start on the individual program pages.

If you’re ready to get started, submit your application for admission! An Enrollment Advisor will be in touch to support and guide you through the process.

Please visit our admissions page for more information about how to enroll.


Have more questions? We recommend contacting our Enrollment Advising team by completing this form or by calling 888.422.4898.