Advancing PreK-12 Education
City University of Seattle leads the Pacific Northwest advancement of two research-based PreK-12 education programs – the Sanford Harmony Program and the Sanford Inspire Program – overseen by National University’s Sanford Education Center.
In response to the demands of students and Common Core Standards, CityU has joined other universities throughout the U.S. and is part of the Sanford Education Collaborative. This Collaborative is dedicated to furthering these initiatives into classrooms around the nation, which aim to assist educators at the PreK-12 level meet common core standards.
The Sanford program furthers emotional intelligence, which supports and strengthens students’ ability to be college and career ready. As this research shows, Common Core is in fact supported by programs such as Harmony and Inspire.
A fully developed PreK-6 grade school program that:
- Strengthens social and emotional development in PreK-6 children, which in turn supports Common Core curriculum;
- Encourages students to build strong foundations for communication, collaboration and respect for differences; and
- Aims to expand understanding and acceptance of gender differences at an early age to positively affecting adult relationships.
Free online learning modules that are inline with Common Core Standards, which:
- Support PreK-12 teacher candidates develop skills to be highly effective classroom leaders;
- Serve as a dynamic framework for ongoing identification, research and sharing of inspiring teaching methodologies; and
- Integrate National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
The two programs combined provide a comprehensive approach to addressing education and societal challenges at the PreK-12 level by supporting the work of teachers and improving the lives of a new generation of students.
More information about the Sanford Harmony and Sanford Inspire programs can be found on the Sanford Education Center website.
If you are a partner or a CityU student participating in a Sanford program, please visit the Sanford Northwest microsite to engage with CityU Sanford representatives, other educators, and see the curriculum.
As the only university implementing both programs, CityU will assist the Sanford Education Collaborative in furthering research around the Inspire and Harmony programs. This initiative supports CityU’s mission to change lives for good through education and will help fulfill the Albright School of Education vision to promote a strengths-based learning approach in classrooms led by professional, caring, and competent practitioners.
For more information about CityU’s partnership with the Sanford Education Center you can read this news release.
“Sanford Education Programs provide resources so that every child can have an inspiring teacher and learn in a safe, engaging environment.”
-Dr. Rachel Osborn
Sun22Jul20181:10 pmSafeco Field in Seattle
Wed25Jul201812:15pm-12:50pmCityU's downtown Seattle campus
Wed01Aug201812:15 to 12:50 pmCityU's downtown Seattle campus