City University of Seattle started as City College in 1973, with the mission of providing...READ MORE
International Conference on Leadership in Education
City University of Seattle hosted the second annual International Conference on Leadership in Education on March 29th, which was attended by over 50 educators. The conference hosted 21 presentations over the course of the day. Speakers presented work that addressed various perspectives on leadership and development, both in industry and in higher education.
The conference was developed and planned by Dean Dr. Kurt Kirstein, with a focus on bringing in speakers from a variety of different backgrounds and locations. Dr. Kelly Flores, the Director of the Division of Doctoral Studies, and CityU staff Molly Lyman and Cindy Singleton also played a large part in organizing the conference. Al Ybarra from the Learning Resource Center played a key role in making the conference truly international by enabling the technology to allow us to include presentations broadcast from Canada and Europe.
“The event was a wonderful opportunity for educators to come together and share research and insight around the best practices in leadership development and implementation,” said Dr. Kirstein. “It was a great success, and I can’t say enough positive things about my colleagues who presented, or those who helped me put it together.”
Select presentations will be available to watch on CityU’s YouTube page in the coming weeks.
Here’s a full list of those who presented at the conference:
- Dr. Paula Cordeiro (Keynote Speaker) | Leadership in Education, Finding the Right Metaphor
- Mary Mara, Matt Lechner, Tammy Salman & Jennifer Bodley | Developing 21st Century Leaders through the Library and Learning Resource Center
- Dean Dr. Craig Schieber & Steve Rowley | Leadership in the Era of Disruptive Technologies
- Dr. Pressley Rankin | Managing Boundaries in Multiple Relationships Created by Mentorship
- David Griffin & Aaron Walter | Tell Me, Teach Me, Involve Me, Kill Me
- Greg Price | Entrepreneurial Leadership Theory Supported in Business Accelerator Programs
- Paul Robb | Facilitating Sustainable Change with Practical Leadership Strategies
- Dr. Susan Seymour | Using the Learning Theory Enactivism to Explore the Development of Socially Conscious Leaders
- Sylvia Lee | Embedding Strengths-based Leadership into Leadership Development Programs
- Dr. Laura Williamson | To What Degree Do Selected Instructional Strategies Create Needed Behavioral Changes in Business Professionals
- Liz Stevens | Creating a Global Classroom for Leadership and Management Education
- Kathleen Werner | Servant Leadership / Emotional Intelligence at the Heart of a School Leader
- Lenka Rabekova | Leadership – New Adaptive Methods
- Arden Henley | Continuing Education – Why Bother
- Lindy Ryan | A New Era of Business Intelligence Education
- Dean Dr. Kurt Kirstein | Socially and Environmentally Responsible Leadership for Diverse Student Populations
- Judith Gray | Courageous Partnerships, Courageous Conversations
- Dr. Melanie Lawler | Developing Reflexivity
- Ryan Gunhold | EQ and How it Benefits the Leaders and the Learner
- Dr. Arron Grow | Taking Tefflon Off Chicago: Teaching Organizational Change that Sticks
- Dr. Kelly Flores (Closing Speaker) | The Dark Side of Leadership
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
In these uncertain times, the Tacoma area is finding hope in CityU alumnus, Kwabi Amoah-Forson, also known as the...READ MORE