About City University of Seattle
City University of Seattle is a private nonprofit university accredited through the doctoral level. CityU is dedicated to serving the working adult and transfer student and is ranked by the U.S. News & World Report among the top for online bachelor’s degree programs, and among the top online programs for veterans in the U.S.
CityU’s Mission and Values
We strive to change lives for good by offering high quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone with the desire to learn. At CityU we value:
- Flexibility – design and deliver programs and services to be convenient to students
- Accessibility – provide educational opportunities to anyone, anywhere
- Innovation – continually create new educational opportunities
- Relevance – what we teach today can be applied tomorrow
- Global – act local but think global
CityU’s vision is education access worldwide via a network of partners and programs onsite and/or online.
Core Themes and Strategic Plan
The Board of Trustees approves an institutional 5-year strategic plan to guide City University of Seattle. The Strategic plan is a “living document” that will guide the University for the next five years. It is updated annually, serving as a road map to help the University fulfill its mission and achieve its vision. The University’s strategic plan guides operational activities, including the determination of annual goals and objectives for its performance.
City University of Seattle Core Themes:
- Theme One: Deliver High Quality, Relevant Education
- Theme Two: Ensure Student Access
- Theme Three: Strengthen Global Connections
- Theme Four: Foster Life-long Learning
View CityU’s strategic plan, CityU 2020, which builds upon the university’s mission and provides direction for future progress.