Higher education resource guide releases the best institutions for 2024 Intelligent.com, a trusted resource for...READ MORE
City University of Seattle ranked a top school for online master’s in business and education for 2023
CityU has been ranked as one of the nation’s best colleges for online master’s programs in business and master’s programs in education. Just six percent of regionally accredited postsecondary institutions earned a ranking position.
City University of Seattle has been recognized as one of the best schools for online learning at the master’s level by OnlineMastersDegrees.org (OMD). CityU’s business and education programs earned top honors for overall quality, affordability, and commitment to student success.
See where CityU ranked below:
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Project Management – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/business/project-management/
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Organizational Leadership – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/business/organizational-leadership/
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Adult Education – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/education/adult-education/
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Education – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/education/
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Educational Leadership – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/education/educational-leadership/
- Best Online Master’s Degrees in Teaching – https://www.onlinemastersdegrees.org/best-programs/education/teaching-mat/
“This year, we focused on the schools making it easier for students to compete in today’s increasingly difficult job market,” said Kyle Darland, co-founder of OMD. “Each ranked school offers a fully or partially online master’s program in business/education at a time when earning a master’s has become a minimum barrier to entry for many.”
Darland is referencing a recent survey from CareerBuilder, which found that “thirty-three percent of employers are hiring workers with master’s degrees for positions that had been primarily held by those with four-year degrees.” These employers cited an evolution of the skills needed to perform the jobs as the cause of the shift, and an increase in work quality, productivity and employee retention as the result.
“Providing students with opportunities to get a master’s online is only part of our rankings,” said Darland. “Top-ranked schools also had competitive tuition rates and/or scholarships to help drive costs down. And with grocery, gas, and other expenses on everyone’s mind right now, an affordable master’s is key.”
OnlineMastersDegrees.org analyzed more than 7,700 accredited universities by using data pulled from the schools themselves and from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). After the data was compiled, OMD’s data science team then applied a proprietary algorithm to rank all qualifying schools for each of the different master’s degrees specialties. Primary data points include:
- Academic counseling services
- Career placement services
- Student/faculty ratio
- Percent of students receiving school-based aid
- Amount of school-based aid per student
To be eligible for ranking, a university must hold active regional accreditation and have at least one partially online master’s program in the ranking subject. Just 6 percent of U.S. postsecondary institutions earned a ranking position.
OnlineMastersDegrees.org began in 2020 to support online learning at the master’s level. Our user-friendly, research-backed content helps students find scholarships, resources, financial aid, and connect with accredited colleges and universities across the country.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
CityU Receives IDA Accreditation for Alignment with IDA Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading
City University of Seattle is pleased to announce that it has received IDA Accreditation for...READ MORE