City University of Seattle students come from all walks of life, with different obstacles and...READ MORE
City University of Seattle Launches Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
Starting this fall, City University of Seattle offers a Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA). Classes begin October 2015! The program is ideal for professionals interested in advancing their careers in healthcare administration.
Coursework and assessments are guided by an 80-member Advisory Committee made up of Seattle-based leaders in healthcare administration, bringing unmatched relevance to the degree and providing students with skills they’ll need to get hired. This approach will help students stay competitive in a rapidly changing and growing field.
The MSHA is offered entirely online through a flexible format that can accommodate professionals who can’t give up their jobs to enroll into a master’s program. Online classes allow students to create their own schedules and complete assignments at their convenience.
The 45-credit program will take an average of eight quarters to complete, and the curriculum will prepare professionals how to:
- Analyze healthcare-related information and assess the current state of an organization;
- Develop effective business strategies that guide healthcare organizations to change and adapt to future challenges;
- Evaluate a healthcare organization and its ability to appropriately serve all of its stakeholders;
- Develop the ethical healthcare leaders of the future who recognize the social and economic value of responsible business strategies;
- Utilize a project-oriented approach to lead healthcare organizations through innovative and visionary leadership;
- Conduct data-driven business analysis and interventions, founded in accepted research methodologies, to improve operational performance; and
- Design and conduct significant and unique projects that contribute to the knowledge of the healthcare administration field.
Expert practitioner faculty bring several years of experience to the classroom as healthcare professionals, providing students realistic insights into daily operations of senior-level roles within healthcare administration.
Job opportunities within healthcare fields are growing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists the job outlook for healthcare administrators at a 23 percent growth rate between 2012 and 2022. And with the Patient Protection Act, Affordable Care Act plus an aging population the demand for trained healthcare professionals – from front line staff to high level administrators – will likely continue to rise. CityU’s MSHA helps address this need by supporting professionals’ career ambitions and an industry’s need.
Visit the MSHA program page to learn more or email email@example.com with questions and one of our advisors will get back to you. If you are interested in earning a bachelor’s CityU also has a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
Dear City University Community, The murder of George Floyd is so outrageous, so discouraging, such...READ MORE
Written by CityU Associate Faculty member, Corll Miller Morrissey. In writing the opening announcement to ETC...READ MORE