The Seattle Job Market: Sunny Skies Ahead
You hear a lot about Seattle’s weather and how gray and rainy it can be, and sometimes it’s true. However, one area of Seattle that’s not nearly as gray is the job market, and it looks to stay this way for well into the future. There truly are sunny skies ahead for job hunters and career-minded professionals in this city.
While the job market in general is booming, there are certain industries that are progressing quickly and are projected to continue to do so. Let’s look at some of those promising fields and the CityU programs that can give you an edge on the competition.
Seattle job market statistics
First, consider these impressive and perhaps surprising statistics:
- Only three other cities in the country had faster growing job markets than Seattle in 2015
- Seattle added more than 78,000 jobs in 2015 alone
- The city’s unemployment rate is below the national average
- The city recently approved a minimum wage rate of $15 per hour to be reached by 2021
Even better is the news from the Bureau of Labor Statistics that Seattle-based employees in the technology industry are among the best paid in the nation. Other fields whose professionals see higher-than-average wages include business, finance and management. In fact, the BLS reported that the average wage overall in Seattle was higher than the national average.
CityU fits your needs
Here’s the best news of all: City University of Seattle provides accessible, flexible programs for adult students who want to pursue their interests and gain a position in this promising job market.
- Business and Management: Whether you’re looking for a certificate in accounting, a bachelor’s in business administration, or an MBA, our programs are designed with one objective in mind: your success.
- Teaching and Education: The education and guidance counselor programs at CityU are created by active practitioners who know what today’s employers are looking for, and our graduates have significantly higher placement rates than state averages.
- Project Management: This massively in-demand profession empowers students to pursue leadership roles in a wide range of fields, from business and management to government, technology and beyond.
- Health and Human Services: Serve your community with a degree in counseling or applied psychology gained from a university known statewide for educating quality mental health providers.
- Computer and Information Science: Tap into one of the most in-demand job markets in Seattle with a certificate, bachelor’s or master’s degree in any one of a variety of computer and IT disciplines, from cybersecurity to programming to corporate risk.
- Professional Leadership: If you’re looking to take the next step in your current role, whether in business, education or the nonprofit sector, a degree from our professional leadership program will help you accelerate your progress in a very real way
Seattle is growing across the board. So if you’re looking to advance your career in this promising job market, we have the flexible programming to help you get there. Contact CityU today to find out how you can get started.