Review by Theresa Gehrig, Instruction Librarian What are the characteristics of a successful online student? ...READ MORE
Tech Resources to Consider Using in Course Content Development
These are just a handful of resources that could be used to support the creation of course content:
- Diigo: “collaborative research tool on the one hand, and a knowledge-sharing community and social content site on the other”
- Jing: “Take Screenshots: Capture an image of what you see on your computer screen. Record Screencasts: Record what you see and do on your monitor”
- PowerPoint: Easily narrate your slides to create short lectures or to highlight important points.
- VoiceThread: “A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways”
- Xtranormal: “If you can type, you can make movies”
- YouTube: Create your own private channel and make mini-lectures for your courses. Or, ask students to record video presentations that can also be shared on a private channel.
Want some help finding resources? Ask a CityU Librarian
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
CityU Library Reviews: “Increasing student engagement and retention using mobile applications: Smartphones, Skype and texting technologies”
Review by Jennifer Bodley, Instruction Librarian What is the difference between online learning and mobile...READ MORE
Review by Albert D. Ybarra, Librarian Why does the smell of cinnamon make a heating...READ MORE