Written by Russell Stahlke, a student in the Ed.D. program – guest writer I once...READ MORE
Teaching Faculty at CityU – A Culture of Leadership
Back in March, 2015, over 60 CityU faculty and administrative staff converged in our Seattle headquarters to participate in our second annual Faculty Development Conference. The day was filled with excitement and celebration, as contributors to the first three volumes of our “Proven Practices in Higher Education” presented their main ideas in concurrent sessions throughout the morning.
At CityU, one of our main goals include cultivating a culture of leadership and excellence in faculty instruction; we are committed to building highly successful programs where students and alumni consistently meet their professional and personal goals.
Our instructors are at the heart of our university, and we understand that the success of our students is deeply intertwined with excellence in faculty instruction. Your ideas, your perspective, your opinions, and your stellar instruction are the cornerstones of our programs.
A positive work experience at CityU includes involving, informing, and developing our faculty. We will continue to provide professional growth opportunities, and access to resources to benefit you and your family.
Some of the benefits we already provide to our teaching faculty include:
- Faculty development conferences. Join us in Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at CityU’s Seattle campus from 5pm to 9pm.
- Opportunities to present and share best practices
- Access to research and library resources – CityU’s online library has been commended for its extensive access, customer service, and ease of use
- Opportunities are available for non-teaching work. Please let us know if you are interested in course development or serving on committees
- Tuition waivers for some bachelor’s and master’s programs for yourself and your eligible dependents
- Increased compensation for performance/longevity
- Access to a full-time administrative faculty member to answer questions and provide support
- Small class sizes
- Pre-established course content with room for academic freedom and individualization
On the horizon:
- Long-term scheduling for faculty
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration
- Virtual meetings and webinars for professional and faculty development
We are excited about the many possibilities available to you at CityU. Thank you to those who attended the Faculty Development Conference on in March, 2015. We hope to see all of you on Wednesday, September 30 from 5pm – 9pm or online in the Faculty Learning Center October 3-10! Thanks to the leadership of Sue Wolff, our Associate Director of Faculty Development, and her coordination with the Provost, Deans, and the Faculty Standards and Development Committee, we fully expect that this event will be a huge success, and just one more example of what we are capable of doing together at CityU!
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
At CityU, Online Field Supervisors Support Principal and School Administrator Interns Across the Nation and...READ MORE