Offerings Scholarships and Programs to Meet the Needs of Veterans
Are you a Veteran looking to start or enhance your career in law enforcement, corporate investigations, or cyber forensic investigation? City University of Seattle has developed a scholarship program with your career and education goals in mind!
CityU’s cutting edge Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree combines coursework relevant to both the public and private sector and integrates the study of business administration, information security, and modern day criminal justice practices. The curriculum is taught by professionals whose experiences inform classroom discussion and aim to prepare students to begin or further their careers.
CityU understands the unique skills and experience you earn while serving our country. Alongside this unique and relevant degree program, CityU also offers a scholarship for transitioning Veterans like you and has networked in a way that sets you up for success. CityU has connected with Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies, as well as large and small businesses throughout Washington State.
- $100,000 dedicated to Washington State based U.S. Veterans transitioning from active duty to citizen life.
- 40 individuals will be awarded $2,500 for one quarter, to be applied to tuition only.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a quarterly basis.
- All scholarships will be awarded by the beginning of Fall Quarter, October 2014.
- Recipients are eligible one time during their career at CityU.
- A copy of your VA Education Benefits Certificate of Eligibility.
- Proof of Washington State residency (permanent or temporary). This may be a copy of your Washington State driver’s license, a recent utility bill showing a Washington address, or a copy of a lease agreement.
- College transcripts, if applicable, showing any previous college coursework.
- A personal statement (2 pages max) addressing the following questions:
- Why are you interested in CityU?
- What aspects of your military experiences will most likely contribute to your success in college?
- CityU’s mission statement is: “To change lives for good by offering high quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone with the desire to learn.” How will you meet this mission through the pursuit of your degree?
- What honors, accomplishments, volunteer work, or community involvement are the most rewarding to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
City University of Seattle values the service of military men and women and is proud...READ MORE