Review by Theresa Gehrig, Instruction Librarian What are the characteristics of a successful online student? ...READ MORE
Need a Lifeline?
Like many students at CityU, you may be busy balancing full-time work and family commitments with coursework and the research required by your assignments. Do you know that CityU librarians are available to help you locate the information you need? As one part of CityU’s student support services, our librarians can:
- Recommend which article database(s) will have the kind of information you need;
- Brainstorm a list of search terms that will help you locate full text articles on your topic;
- Send you a sample search to help you find what you need now;
- Help you navigate your way to resources in your Blackboard course and on the student portal;
- Share research guides that help you learn how to find top quality information to support your assignments;
- Save you time.
As a rule of thumb, if you’ve spent 10-15 minutes trying to locate information online and are not satisfied with your results, it’s time to reach out to a CityU librarian and ask for help. When you have the right information at hand, it is easier for you to be successful.
The most direct way to ask for help is through CityU’s Ask a Librarian service. You can chat with us live, send us an email, call us, or visit us in person at our library in Bellevue, Washington. We look forward to hearing from you.
In the words of a student who asked for help using the CityU library: “Wow! There are way better results vs Google! This is amazing!”
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
CityU Library Reviews: “Increasing student engagement and retention using mobile applications: Smartphones, Skype and texting technologies”
Review by Jennifer Bodley, Instruction Librarian What is the difference between online learning and mobile...READ MORE
Review by Albert D. Ybarra, Librarian Why does the smell of cinnamon make a heating...READ MORE