Dear City University Community, The murder of George Floyd is so outrageous, so discouraging, such...READ MORE
CityU Launches Doctor of Business Administration Degree
CityU’s online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is designed for professionals to develop advanced skills in organization interventional thinking, agile business practices, leadership, and critical thinking, while specializing in the area of their choice. The first cohort will start October 2015.
The Doctor of Business Administration will prepare students to:
- Analyze business-related information and assess the current state of an organization;
- Develop effective business strategies that guide organizations to change and adapt to future challenges;
- Evaluate complex organizations and how they can appropriately serve their stakeholders;
- Recognize the social and economic value of responsible business strategies as an ethical business leaders of the future;
- Utilize project-oriented approaches to lead organizations with innovation and vision;
- Conduct data-driven business analyses and interventions founded in accepted research methodologies to improve operational performance; and
- Design and conduct significant and unique research projects that contribute to the knowledge of the business administration field.
Getting a DBA can help industry professionals set themselves apart and stand out in the business world. Students in the program will build on their master’s-level competencies and earn an advanced degree from a reputable doctoral institution. The DBA is also a route for those interested in pursuing a career in teaching business at the college level.
Dedicated to providing relevant education in a flexible format, coursework and discussion groups are available entirely online, so students can log-on anywhere in the world to complete assignments. DBA students will be supported through Professor Live Chat and a highly interactive teaching model, which includes one hour per week of lecture and live chat. This model enhances personalized attention and instruction given to each student in every course.
Students are also offered flexibility in what they study. While there are core courses students must take, students transfer in four graduate courses and specialize their study through a consulting project where they apply and cultivate their knowledge further.
CityU is now accepting applications for this 91-credit degree program. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
Written by CityU Associate Faculty member, Corll Miller Morrissey. In writing the opening announcement to ETC...READ MORE
In these uncertain times, the Tacoma area is finding hope in CityU alumnus, Kwabi Amoah-Forson, also known as the...READ MORE