Secure the Resources You Need to Study Abroad

While international students studying in the U.S. on an F-1 visa are not eligible for federal financial aid, there are alternative resources available to help defray the cost of your education.

To learn about sources of financial aid for international students, visit There you’ll find plenty of information – about financial aid and more — to assist you in paying for college.

To be considered for private loans, you must have an F-1 visa; however, you may not use a private loan as proof of financial ability.

Applying for an International Loan

Follow these steps to apply for an international loan:

  • Get admitted to CityU and have your F-1 visa.
  • Contact a lender and complete their application process.
  • Complete a Private Loan Financial Aid Data Sheet/Planner and return it to CityU.
  • Have your bachelor’s degree (for master’s degree candidates) recorded with the Office of the Registrar. Official academic transcripts are required.

Contact the International Student Office at with any questions about financial aid.


* Indicates a required field.

By clicking SUBMIT, I understand and agree to CityU's privacy policy.