For full details, please read the Scholarship Application Process.
Step 1: Determine Eligibility
If you are committed to improving your future through education, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
This scholarship was designed for students who have attended at least one year of college, and want to complete a bachelor
degree. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements.
- Must have completed at least one year of college course work or the equivalent before September 30th, 2011. (45 quarter credits or equivalent.)
- You must not be an employee of City University of Seattle, the NFL or the Seattle Seahawks, or anyone related to the aforementioned.
- To be considered, completed applications and documents must be received no later than November 30th, 2011. Incomplete applications or applications received after November 30th, 2011 will not be considered. Early submission is strongly encouraged.
- The Seahawks Scholarship is open to first-time City University of Seattle (previously City University) applicants only who apply during the scholarship period of September 1st, 2011 through November 30th, 2011. The scholarship award is dependent on acceptance into an eligible CityU program.
- You must be able to prove US citizenship or proper residency/Visa authorizations if not pursuing a fully online program.
Step 2: Select a Program
Choose from an eligible CityU program. Programs eligible for the Seahawks Undergrad Scholarship are listed below:
Arts & Sciences
Step 3: Complete Required Documents and Forms
About the Scholarship
The CityU of Seattle student application fee will be waived for applicants of the 2011 Seahawks Undergrad Scholarship.
To be eligible, your CityU application, as well as the 2011 Seahawks Undergrad Scholarship application, must be
completed and submitted before the scholarship deadline and must include all required items.
If your application is being submitted online it is important that you use the same first name, middle initial,
and last name on all documents during the application process. If you prefer, you may print out PDF versions
of the online applications and submit by mail.
The Scholarship will be awarded to one individual who exemplifies a commitment to advancing on a professional career
path of scholarship, leadership and service; and includes a certificate of recognition, tuition and books for an
award of up to $15,000. The Scholarship winner will be selected by a review panel on the basis of his/her personal
statement (maximum 1,000 words) which details the applicant's career path, any obstacles overcome, and how higher
education advances his/her personal goals. Additionally, the recipient will be acknowledged at the Monday, December
12th Seattle Seahawks home game, with the award recipient's image broadcast on the stadium's
Application materials are kept confidential. Contents will be shared only with appropriate City University of
Seattle Scholarship Committee, Finalist Selection Panel and support personnel. City University of Seattle has the
right to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
No benefit shall be received by any employee of City University of Seattle, the NFL or the Seattle Seahawks, or
anyone related to the aforementioned, from any distribution made from this fund.