The Technology Institute at City University of Seattle
Conduct programs, courses, research and consulting in technology and technology-related areas internationally, operate a Center of
Excellence in Information Assurance Education, and support the technology education needs of City University of Seattle.
The Technology Institute provides students with opportunities to earn undergraduate and graduate degrees in high-growth technology areas including:
Programming, Software Development, Networking, Information Security and Health Information Technology.
Technology jobs are currently - and are expected to remain - in high demand as the economy becomes increasingly information-driven.
Technology Institute graduates will find themselves in positions to envision, build and support the current and future technology requirements of businesses and organizations.
The Technology Institute faculty are highly regarded industry practitioners who bring their real-life experience into the learning environment.
Each faculty member has many years of experience applying the technology he or she is teaching. This faculty model ensures that students are exposed to the most relevant issues and practices, and are introduced to the latest breakthroughs in technology.
The programs offered by the Technology Institute are designed in cooperation with industry to ensure that they incorporate the key skills,
knowledge and abilities that employers value in people entering or moving up in the industry. The courses are designed to be challenging and
relevant with a high degree of hands-on learning. Students don't just read about technology - they use it, and apply it. Many courses use the
same software used in industry, and many use the Technology Institute's Network & Security Laboratory which provides cloud-based access to hands-on experiences.
Why Choose the Technology Institute at City University of Seattle?
- Because you want an education that's relevant to what's happening in the real world, right now.
- Our faculty teach what they do for a living, not just what's in the book.
- Our faculty members are smart, successful people who can help you get there, too.
- Get an education without sacrificing your lifestyle. Attend classes on a schedule that works best for you.
Center for Information Assurance Education
City University of Seattle operates a special center whose mission is to conduct programs, courses, research and consulting in Information Assurance. The Center for Information Assurance Education at City University of Seattle has been designated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense. This designation came as the result of an extensive program effort and thorough review of the Center and City University Information Security Programs by the NSA. As a result of the designation,
- City University becomes one of two four-year CAE's in Washington State, one of four CAE's including the 2-year programs in the state.
- Students in our programs are eligible to apply for certain scholarships and grants through the Department of Defense Information Assurance Scholarship Program and the Federal Cyber Service Scholarship for Service Program.
- Our Center is eligible to apply for research grants through the NSA, DHS and NSF.
- Students graduating from programs covered by our Center of Excellence are eligible to have it noted on their diploma or transcript or a specific certificate this includes the ISec emphasis in BSIT, BS Computer Systems, BS Criminal Justice - Cyber Forensic Investigation Emphasis, and MS Information Security.
- Students entering the MS Information Security with a degree from any other CAE designated undergraduate program are eligible to have four courses, ISEC 500, ISEC 505, ISEC 510, ISEC 515 waived.
about the Center.