Is the Early Childhood Special Education endorsement program for me?
If you already hold a P-12 Special Education teaching certificate
in Washington state and want to learn
more about working with preschool special needs children, the Early Childhood Special Education endorsement program
is a great fit.
What will I learn in the Early Childhood Special Education endorsement program?
You'll cover resources for families of special needs children, best practices, how federal and state legislation can
impact your role as a special education provider and the importance of community support.
What can I do with my endorsement in Early Childhood Special Education?
You'll be prepared to teach special education students (P-3) in Washington state preschool programs
or private settings,
including: preschool, daycare centers, educational centers or social services agencies.
- Because you want an education that's relevant to what's happening in the real world, right now.
- Our faculty teach what they do for a living, not just what's in the book. They're smart, successful people who can help you get there, too.
- We keep class sizes small so you can get the personal attention you deserve.
- You can get an education without sacrificing your lifestyle.
- Over 500 students each year choose CityU to start or advance their careers in education.
How to get started:
You will need to pass the Washington Educator Skills Test (WEST-E) exam to earn the endorsement. Check out
the WEST-E exam website
for more info.
Be sure to talk with admissions advisor to see if there are other requirements for your program.