City University of Seattle offers an accredited Washington State residency certificate for principals and program administrators through its Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership with Administrator Certification. This program is designed for professionals seeking to advance into leadership roles that require administrator certification. Students will cover topics such as instructional supervision; finance, law and human resources; leadership and assessment; and technology and digital tools.
- Flexible learning options: Complete the program online or meet in class on the weekends as preferred.
- Internship: All candidates complete a year-long internship in person, gaining valuable feedback from contemporaries, mentors and our expert faculty members.
- Certification pathways: Choose from residency principal, residency program administrator, and both residency principal and program administrator.
- Established education provider: CityU offers the first approved online principal certification program and is Washington State’s largest provider of program administrator certificates.
- Admissions requirements: You’ll need a master’s degree from an accredited university to enroll.
This program is geared toward those who already have a master’s degree and want to complete a Washington State Residency Administrator Certificate. Those without a master degree should see our Master of Education in Leadership with Administrator Certification page.
CityU is a clear choice for those who want to advance into school leadership through a flexible, high-quality program. Speak with an adviser to learn more.
As of July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education requires colleges to disclose specific information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.” City University offers a number of undergraduate and graduate certificates that lead to gainful employment. Information for each certificate program for the latest reporting year is available here.