City University of Seattle offers an Endorsement in Special Education for certified teachers who want to become highly qualified to work with special needs students in preschool through grade 12. Our courses build your knowledge base and pedagogy in the following areas:
- human growth and development
- special education law
- assessment and evaluation tools
- inclusion and specialist paradigms
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- teacher and community collaboration
If you are a certified teacher in Washington State, you can apply to this program. Or, you may add it as an emphasis to your bachelor’s in education program for initial certification.
- Flexible learning: This endorsement is offered via mixed mode with convenient in-person classes and supplemental online learning so you can continue teaching while working toward further certification.
- Practitioner faculty: Our expert special education faculty will bring your learning to life with real world examples.
- Career advancement: When you complete a special education endorsement, you improve your job prospects and, in some cases, your earning potential. The mindset of a special education teacher is needed throughout many parts of today’s educational landscape.
When you complete CityU’s special education endorsement you’ll need to pass the Washington Educator Skills Test (WEST-E ®) to become highly qualified in Washington State.
Learn more by talking with our CityU advisors.