City University of Seattle’s state-approved Endorsement program in Elementary Education provides Washington state certified teachers with an opportunity to begin teaching students in Kindergarten through eighth grade. You will join students from our Bachelor of Arts in Education: Elementary Education and Master in Teaching: Elementary Education programs in a variety of courses to ensure you can offer the highest quality of instruction using the following skills:
- classroom management
- curriculum creation and instructional strategies
- assessment and evaluation
- language development
- math, science and social studies
- health, fitness and the arts
CityU of Seattle’s elementary education program is offered in a mixed-mode setting with convenient class meeting times and online learning elements. This means you benefit from our decades of teacher preparation experience while continuing your work and other daily responsibilities. Our faculty is made up of active practitioners who lead with timely, real-world examples that will enlighten your learning. Contact an advisor to see how CityU can get you into the impactful career you’ve been wanting.
Adding an elementary education endorsement to your teaching certificate opens up a whole new world of career opportunities. Our program graduates often pursue a much needed change of pace by shifting into elementary teaching positions that are both challenging and rewarding. Others choose to continue on into school leadership roles by completing further studies such as our Master of Education in Leadership or Administrator Certificate programs.
- Because you want an education that’s relevant to what’s happening in the real world, right now.
- Our faculty teach what they do for a living, not just what’s in the book. They’re smart, successful people who can help you get there, too.
- We keep class sizes small so you can get the personal attention you deserve.
- You can get an education without sacrificing your lifestyle.
- Over 500 students each year choose CityU to start or advance their careers in education.
You can apply to CityU’s elementary education endorsement program if you are an actively certified teacher or administrator in Washington State. You may also complete the program as part of your initial certification in our Bachelor of Arts program. When you finish the program, you’ll be ready to pass the Washington Educator Skills Test (WEST-E ®) and become highly qualified to teach elementary school. Talk to an Albright School of Education advisor to learn more today.