How Do I Find Ratios?
Search the Morningstar Investment Research Center database:
Morningstar offers company reports with a Key Ratios section with comprehensive company ratios over 10 years, other
report sections provide company ratios, company/industry ratios comparison and company/competitor ratios comparison.
Search the Mint Global database:
- Enter company name or ticker symbol in search box (Enter a Ticker or Name)
- Click “Get Report” or press Enter
- On left navigation explore report sections: Snapshot, Data Interpreter, Valuation Ratios, and Key Ratios
- Key Ratios provides company ratios for 10 year period, use tabs to move to each ratio (profitability, efficiency, etc.)
- Snapshot provides company and industry comparison: use tabs: industry peers, growth, profitability, etc.
- Data Interpreter provides company and industry ratio comparison of profitability, financial health, growth, size, etc.
- Valuation Ratios provides company ratios compared to Industry and S&P averages
Search the LexisNexis Academic database:
The company profiles in LexisNexis for public companies have a Ratio Analysis section with ratios for a company and ratios comparing a company to its industry, or compare two companies.
- Click Search Companies
- Enter the company name or ticker symbol, then click Display Results
- Select correct company name from the results
- Click the By Section tab
- For company ratios, select Financial Information from the first drop-down menu and select Global Ratios from the second drop-down menu
- For industry ratios, select Peer Information from the first drop-down menu
- Click Modify to change criteria (number of companies in peer group, reference year, etc.)
- Scroll to Ratios section
- The average of that peer group is an industry ratio
Or Compare Two (or more) Companies' Ratios (compare 2-5 companies)
- In the Get Company Info box, enter the company name or ticker symbol, and click Search.
- Click the company name from results to open the profile
- Click Financial Information in the left navigation (listing sections of the report)
- Scroll down to Ratio Analysis heading of Financial Information section
- Scroll down to Competitive Positioning heading of Financial Information section to locate competitors and their company reports
- From left navigation select Custom Report to view selected sections (Corporate Financials section includes Ratio Analysis)
- Under the Companies tab at the left side of the screen, click on Dossier Compare Companies.
- Enter company names or ticker symbol for two competitors (Competitive Positioning heading of Financial Information section provides competitors)
- Company Financial Comparison displays, scroll to Ratio Analysis
Need more help? Ask a Librarian!