Your ticket to world travel
Have you dreamed about traveling the world and soaking in new cultures, meeting new people and sampling local foods? This dream could become a reality if you pursue a career teaching English abroad. With a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate, a globally recognized standard, the world could be your oyster.
City University of Seattle is offering a unique, fast-track opportunity for students who would like to earn their graduate TESOL certificate and transition to teaching abroad. Interested? Keep reading to learn more.
Five things you need to know about CityU’s TESOL Summer Intensive
- If you’re a college graduate, you likely already meet the admissions requirements. All participants in this program need to qualify is a bachelor’s degree, English proficiency and a desire to teach English abroad.
- You should be prepared to hit the ground running. The TESOL Summer Intensive runs for five weeks from July 10 – August 11. Students will take one class each week on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Over the course of the program, students will complete 150 hours of class time, which includes observations and practice teaching.
- In addition to the TESOL certificate, you’ll earn graduate-level academic credit. Upon completion, students will have earned their TESOL graduate certificate with graduate-level credits that can be applied towards a master’s degree in the future.
- You can avoid signing a long-term lease and still live in beautiful, downtown Seattle. Classes will take place at our primary CityU campus in downtown Seattle. Students may choose to stay in our residence hall, which is located a few short blocks from campus, or in private housing.
- Teaching English could be your gateway to world travel. Do you have wanderlust and need a career that can follow you? A career teaching English abroad may be the perfect fit.
Get more information
Learn more about CityU’s TESOL program online. For additional information, call 206-239-4780.
If you’re ready to get started, you can apply online.