TESOL: Your ticket to world travel
Have you dreamed about traveling the world and encountering new cultures, meeting new people and sampling local foods? This dream could become a reality if you pursue a career teaching English internationally. A TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate, a globally recognized standard, could be the key to unlocking new opportunities abroad.
City University of Seattle is offering unique, fast-track opportunity for students who would like to earn their graduate TESOL certificate and transition to teaching abroad. Interested? Keep reading to learn more.
Five things you need to know about CityU’s TESOL Summer Intensive
- If you’re a college graduate, you likely already meet the admissions requirements. All participants in this program need to qualify is a bachelor’s degree, English proficiency and a desire to teach English abroad.
- You should be prepared to hit the ground running. CityU is offering a 5-week TESOL Summer Intensive program in two locations. The program will be offered in Seattle July 9 – August 10, and in Puebla, Mexico, July 2 – August 5. Over the course of the program, students will complete 150 hours of class time, which includes observations and practice teaching.
- In addition to the TESOL certificate, you’ll earn graduate-level academic credit. Upon completion, students will have earned their TESOL graduate certificate with graduate-level credits that can be applied towards a master’s degree in the future, such as a Master of Education in Adult Education.
- You can transition into temporary housing so you’re prepared to go abroad. Classes in Seattle will take place at our downtown CityU campus, and students may choose to stay in our residence hall, which is located a few short blocks from campus. Students studying in Puebla have the convenient option of staying in a Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla (UPAEP) residence hall.
- You could be an international English teacher by fall. Students who successfully complete the TESOL Summer Intensive in Seattle or Puebla have the opportunity of be fast-tracked into English teaching positions at private high schools in Mexico.
Get more information
If you’re ready to get started, you can apply online.