Transitioning Veterans Scholarship
To demonstrate its commitment to serving and supporting Washington state-based U.S. Veterans, CityU is dedicating $100,000 to support a
Transitioning Veterans Scholarship on November 8, 2013. This will initiate a scholarship fund that is dedicated to
Washington-based Veterans transitioning from active duty to civilian life. Alongside this scholarship, CityU offers a
number of key resources to serving Veterans, and encourages the business community to become more involved in the
service of this honorable and often underserved population.
- $100,000 dedicated to Washington-based U.S. Veterans transitioning from active duty to citizen life.
- 40 individuals will be awarded $2,500 for one quarter, to be applied to tuition only.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a quarterly basis. Awards can be used beginning Winter Quarter, January 2014.
- All scholarships will be awarded by the beginning of Fall Quarter, October 2014.
- Recipients are eligible one time during their career at CityU.
- A copy of your VA Education Benefits Certificate of Eligibility.
- Proof of residence (permanent or temporary) in the state of Washington. This may be a copy of your Washington State driver's license, a recent utility bill showing a Washington address, or a copy of a lease agreement.
- A recent academic transcript showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- A personal statement (maximum 2 pages) which addresses the following four questions, maximum one paragraph each:
- Why did you choose to attend CityU?
- If you won $1,000,000, how would you spend it?
- CityU's mission statement is: "To change lives for good by offering high quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone with the desire to learn." How will you meet this mission through the pursuit of your degree?
- What honors, accomplishments, volunteer work, or community involvement are the most rewarding to you?