Veterans Affairs

Thank you for considering City University of Seattle! Here in Veterans Affairs, we look forward to working with you in regards to your GI Bill®. If you have questions - even if they are not VA related - we are happy to assist you or get the information you need.

Acceptable Benefits

  • Ch 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
  • Ch 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • Ch 35 Survivors and Dependents
  • Ch 1606 Selected Services
  • Ch 1607 REAP
  • Tuition Assistance

Using Your GI Bill®

Should you have any difficulties during this process, our office is here to help see you through.
  1. Apply for admission to CityU
  2. Apply for VA benefits.
  3. After you have been approved for benefits, the VA will issue to you a Certificate of Eligibility.
  4. We will work with you to complete a CityU VA Benefits Application. We can certify you based on the information on the application.
  5. Every academic quarter, we will work with you to ensure your VA benefits remain active.
  6. Visit our student portal for more information about the GI Bill® and CityU.

Required Documents

Additional Funding Sources

Useful Links


City University of Seattle
521 Wall Street Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98121

Veterans Affairs
Nachelle Pena
Veterans Affairs Officer and Certifying Official
Phone: 206.239.4539
Fax: 206.239.4544

Angel Gonzalez
Veteran Navigator
WDVA Vet Corps program
Phone: 206.239.4711

Sabrina Jones
Director of Military Relations
Phone: 253.225.6535

Financial Aid Office
Phone: 1.800.426.5596 x4540

Veterans Administration

VA Education Office
Western Region
PO Box 888
Muskogee, OK 74402-888
Phone: 1.888.442.4551

U.S. News & World Report ranked City University of Seattle among the top 20 Best Online Programs for Veterans