Military Tuition and Benefits
CityU Military Tuition Rate
CityU is grateful to the men and women who are called to serve their country. We are a military friendly school, and offer a discounted Military Tuition Rate to help support access to anyone with the desire to learn. Our Military Tuition Rates are:
- Undergraduate: $166/per credit
- Graduate: $306/per credit
Doctoral programs are offered at CityU's regular rate found on our main tuition page
The following groups may qualify for the military tuition rate:
- U.S. - All Branches: Active Duty Military
- Guard and Active Reserve Members
- Retired Military
- Current spouse/Dependent of an Active Duty Military, Retired Military, Guard or Active Reserve member
- Department of Defense Employees
- Canada - Active Duty
DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program
The Department of Defense's standardized Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance up to 100% for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of service members' professional and personal self-development goals. The TA policy for the current fiscal year allows active duty service members to receive tuition assistance of up to $4,500 per year.
Note that each Service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process’ and restrictions that may not mirror the standard policy. Please check with your Education Services Officer to determine the benefits available to you. For more information on Tuition Assistance, visit the DANTES website
In addition to military tuition assistance, you may qualify to apply for veteran's benefits under existing veteran's programs. After you have been approved for benefits, the VA will issue a Certificate of Eligibility. You can connect with the CityU Veteran’s Affairs Officer (206.239.4539) to ease the transition with using your VA benefits.
City University of Seattle also participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. These funds are an extension of the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® to help cover any charges that exceed the maximum limits
- the VA has in place for private and public educational institutions. We do not have a limit as to how much our school will cover or the number of students that can participate in this program at our school. To find out more information, click here
Please email our Veterans Affairs Office
with questions about Military Tuition and Benefits, we are happy to assist you!
Ask your advisor about the Transitioning Veterans Scholarship