International Student Loans

If you're on an F-1 visa, you're not eligible for federal financial aid. Students must have a F-1 visa to be considered for private loans and may NOT use a private loan as proof of Financial Ability. But you should check out edupass to learn about alternative sources of financial aid for international students.

There are also some private lenders who offer alternative loans to non-U.S. Citizens:

How to apply for an International Student Loan:
  • Get admitted to CityU and have your F-1 visa
  • Contact a lender and complete their application process
  • Complete a Private Loan Financial Aid Data Sheet/Planner and return it to CityU
  • Have your Bachelor Degree (for Master Degree Candidates) recorded with the Office of the Registrar. Official Academic Transcripts are required.