Application Checklist

1. New students must apply for admission and be admitted to City University of Seattle. Please contact Admissions at 1.800.426.5596 or email.

2. All students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate academic year. You may apply over the internet: or complete the paper application. Read and follow all the instructions on the form and mail the form to the federal processor or use your pin code to electronically sign and submit your application. The Federal School Code number for City University of Seattle is 013022.

3. All Students must fill out the Financial Aid Data Sheets corresponding to the FAFSAs you are completing. Return the data sheet to the City University of Seattle Student Financial Services Office. New borrowers at City University of Seattle will select a lender from the lender list provided with the Financial Aid Data Sheet.

4. Undergraduate students enrolled for the first time at City University of Seattle who do not have a Bachelor's Degree, Associate of Arts, or Associate of Science Degree must submit proof of high school graduation to the Student Financial Services Office. This may be a photocopy of your high school diploma, transcript, a letter from your high school indicating date of graduation, or a copy of your GED certificate.

5. If your application information fails to confirm any of the following, you must provide documented proof of eligibility:

  1. You are an eligible non-citizen.
  2. You are registered with the Selective Service (SS), if a male student and you are not registered, contact the (SS) at 847.688.6888.
  3. You are NOT in default on a Federal Student Loan.

6. If your application information states that you are selected for verification, you must submit the following:

  1. Verification Worksheet (downloadable from our web site for the appropriate year).
  2. A signed copy of your appropriate Federal Income Tax Return including schedules. If you are married, you will need a signed copy of your spouse's return. If you are a dependent student, you will need a signed copy of your parents' appropriate Federal Income Tax Return including schedules.
  3. If you, your spouse, or your parents did not file an income tax return for the tax year in question, you will verify this on the Verification Worksheet.

7. Continuing students who wish to borrow on the Federal Student Loan Program may be asked to contact their academic advisor to determine the number of remaining quarters that will be needed to complete their degree requirements.

8. Continuing students and new students will need to sign and return their Award Letter. All borrowers will need to go to Edfund, our Guarantee Agency, and complete an Entrance Interview Form to complete and return (this must be done each year). New borrowers will then link to their lender when instructed to do so to complete an MPN either on line or will print, sign, and return to their lender.